Ninja! Life in the sticks: Ladders, Bladders & Spiders

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Friday, April 28, 2006

Ladders, Bladders & Spiders

Last night, on the way to T-Ball, I was waiting to turn left into the sports complex. There were other cars in front of me, so I was looking around while I waited (and silently cursed myself for not going the way that would enable me to turn right into the complex instead of waiting for these fools in front of me to get on with the show) I looked up in my rear view mirror just in time to see a white pickup truck (who was apparently paying as much attention to driving as I was) stop suddenly behind me. Then I watched as the ladder he had resting on top of the truck flew off, over the front of his truck and whack me in the bumper.

He jumps out of his truck runs over and says through the open sun roof "I don't think it hit you." To which I responded, "Oh yes, it did." So we pulled over into the Taco Bell parking lot (crammed with parents buying nutritious dinners for their children before athletics begin). I get out, he gets out. Sure enough there's a mark. Now, if I drive Beemer or something like that I might have been concerned, or even miffed. However... my sturdy mom-mobile (aka Taurus) has received more severe licks from it's owner than the one that resulted from the flying ladder.

So I told the guy it was ok, and not to worry about it. He asked once if I was sure and then when I responded in the affirmative he quickly sped of lest I change my mind.

Once I got finally got to the T-ball game things went pretty smoothly. Until the bottom half of the first inning. That's when I noticed Bubba Jr. spasmodically jerking about near second base. I went to the fence for a closer look. As I suspected, he was holding his (you know) crossing his legs and dancing about. I tried in vain to get his attention. I briefly considered just hollering, "Son! Do you gotta pee?????" but then I changed my mind, but only after a fierce internal argument. Since I couldn't get Bubba Jr.'s attention I tried to get Clyde's since Clyde was out "coaching" between first and second. After the world's worst charades spectacle Clyde finally got the picture, went over to Bubba Jr. (who was still holding you know and staring at the heavens. I wonder if he was praying he wouldn't pee in his pants?) and sent him to the sidelines. I met him and asked him if he needed to go to the bathroom, to which he loudly responded "yeah mom, I gotta go real bad!" So much for subtlety.


And finally, as if you cared, an update on my Spider game.

I deleted it. Wiped it off my computer. It was mocking me. Ridiculing me. Telling all the other games what a LOO-ZER I am. There was no limit to it's malicious ability to reel me in for another game. and another and another.... at the risk of joining Spider Players Anon I decided to quit cold turkey. I've had a few shakes and one cold sweat. But other than that, I do believe I'm finally winning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home