Ninja! Life in the sticks: Lost in Space

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Lost in Space

.



Or somewhere. Evidently I haven't been feeling the draw of my blog in a while. A long while.

So since I've been neglecting it, not much has happened. I can't apologize and say, "But I was.... (fighting forest fires, promoting world peace, curing cancer, or even exercising)" because I wasn't. I was being horrifically lazy. Why? dunno. Suspect you don't care much either. I mean if I don't, why would you?

So here are some pictures of my urchins:





The first two pictures were taken in the outfits I had custom made in China. I know I posted other pictures similiar to this, but I , um, wanted to post these pictures I took in the, um, laundry room. Yeah. The last picture is Charleigh's first SCHOOL picture. Check out that dimple!!!

I think I forget to tell y'all about something I did for the first time. A few weeks back I caught and ate my own food. I know, some of you may think "Big Woo" but for this indoor girl it was a major woo.

I caught a fish. No, I didn't "do" the worm.

No, I didn't take it off the hook.

No, I didn't clean it.

No, I didn't cook it.

I did eat it though. Told ya I was lazy.

I was reading nursery rhymes to the kids the other night and we came across The Little Old Woman Who Lived In a Shoe.

Goes like so:

There was an old woman,

Who lived in a shoe;

She had so many children,

She didn't know what to do.

She gave them some broth,

Without any bread;

She whipped them all soundly

And put them to bed.

Bubba Jr. looked horrified. I, on the other hand, slapped my hand on my thigh, declared I LOVE THIS POEM and read it again.

I took the kids to the dentist. Why is it that the one person who spent the first three years of her LIFE without brushing her teeth the only one not to have a cavity?? Bubba Jr. and I were scolded by the dentist while Charleighitra was praised ad nauseam for her glorifically beati-fantastic teeth. Honestly, she was a perfect angel throughout the whole process. Not suprisingly!

We celebrated our first Easter with Charleigh this past weekend. She looked the picture of spring in her Easter dress, complete with purse and hat. It was a good thing I noticed you could see the flowers on her underwear through her dress before we actually got to church. Bubba Jr. was his usually handsome self. However he refused to let me blowdry his hair so he went looking a little like a creepy Brylcreem advertisement.

B

5 Comments:

  • At 5:57 PM, Blogger Melodee said…

    Teeth are totally genetic. Alas, for them, my biological children inherited my teeth. My adopted boys? Perfect teeth.

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Sonia said…

    You crack me up!! Love the nursery rhyme ~ got a visual on that one...Brandon and then you slapping your thigh. We miss you guys! Hope to see you all soon(:

     
  • At 7:10 PM, Blogger Lisa~~ said…

    Oh, B & C both look adorable. How much of a bribe was it this time to get B into the outfit?

     
  • At 9:48 PM, Blogger Family Bits said…

    I simply LOVE your posts. They brighten my day, and make me laugh. Glad to see you are still alive in the sticks.

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    The pictures are great! If you're not a professional photographer, you should be! That dimple is so cute!

    Too funny about the poem. We've been reading to Gwen out of a very old "Illustrated Treasury of Children's Literate" that I got as a gift more than 35 years ago! The nursery rhymes and stories are either gruesome or hilariously outdated. But Gwen doesn't seem to mind.

    :)

    Donna

     

Post a Comment

<< Home