Ninja! Life in the sticks: Insanity

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Insanity



What do you think the definition of insanity is? I'm sure there are varied layers to insanity but today I'm going to address the concept of doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results. (Bear with me, this won't be as boring as it sounds. I hope.)

There's a little book out there titled Who Moved My Cheese? and the basic premise is if a certain action that was producing results no longer does, then ya' need to move on. I've read this book. Apparently I need to read it again.

I keep playing Spider Solitaire. Why, I don't know; because I suck at it. Look at the stats below! I played it once ELEVEN times in a row before giving up.


Another thing that's insane is my commute. Yesterday I left the office at 5:04 and arrived home at 6:51. That's just wrong.

I do love my job, guess that's why I put up with the commute. I mean where else can I get paid to fail miserably (and repeatedly) at Spider Solitaire?

5 Comments:

  • At 4:15 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    Oh, you're baaaaaad! But probably not insane.... yet.

    :p

    Donna

     
  • At 2:13 PM, Blogger Laura said…

    Too funny! I am addicted to Spider Solitare and on the rare occasion I win a game, I am just so proud of myself!
    PS I play at work too...never at home!
    Laura
    www.mclaughlinadoption.com
    www.babysites.com/sites/avery

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    I'm a FREECELL player myself and I refuse to go on to the harder games on the program because I like to win everytime:)

     
  • At 1:36 AM, Blogger M3 said…

    Ouch, that commute is insane! Are you sure you don't live in the bay area? ;-) It's so bad around here that people will even give up a precious SUV to get a Prius with a carpool lane sticker.

     
  • At 6:53 PM, Blogger Ava Baby said…

    I can appreciate your addiction. This is the only computer game I play -it compels you to hit "new game".

     

Post a Comment

<< Home