Ninja! Life in the sticks: Proof that anything is possible

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Monday, March 27, 2006

Proof that anything is possible

I have absolute proof that anything is possible.

I read a blog written by a lawyer who wishes to remain anonymous. Recently he issued a challenge that if anyone beat him in some espn tournament thing he'd go back to posting 4 times a week. I think he's funny as all get out, and what the h&ll? I'll go ahead and give it a try. I followed the instructions and wahlah, I have myself a "bracket." I chose all the teams based on absolutely nothing. Random selections.

After the first week I was in 32rd place. Out of 206. Not too bad since I had to ask Clyde what sport the NCAA tournament was. The only reason I asked is because at the end they make you pick the final score. When I mentioned to Clyde about a one or two touchdown spread he looked at me like I was insane. And apparently I am.

After the second week I skyrocketed to 3rd place. I think it's because I picked LSU to win. LSU, as I have recently learned is not in California, like I thought. It's in Louisiana. Cool. Learn something new every day, that's my motto.

After the third week, well see for yourself.

****I deleted the picture because it was too stinkin' big. ******

I wonder how many egos would be crushed if they learned they were getting obliterated by a female accountant who knows more words to Barney songs than she knows about basketball?

2 Comments:

  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger LindaJ said…

    They guys at my husbands work challenged me to join a Nascar fantasy leauge last year. I won the whole thing!! Even posting the highest score ever. Neddless to say I was not invited back this year.
    Your right anything is possible

     
  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger Bonnie, Clyde, Bubba Jr. & Charleigh-Jo said…

    Good question.

    I googled it.

    B

     

Post a Comment

<< Home