Ninja! Life in the sticks: Shiner

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Shiner

Bubba Jr. has a shiner.

Two boys were fighting over some chaw in the playground and... just kidding.

In "block center" yesterday another child mistook the directive for cleaning up with the opportunity to throw a two seamer. Since Bubba was unaware play was in progress, he didn't have his face mask on and subsequently caught the block with his eye instead of having it harmlessly ricochet off a face mask.

He claims it hurts, which I can believe, but then he runs over to the mirror to gaze in awe at his wound. I caught him winking for effect.

Charleigh was thoroughly unimpressed with Bubba's abrasion. Apparently she thought her gnawed cuticle was more of a concern.

We're going this weekend to visit some adults and I'm just waiting for Charleigh to careen off her bike and foul up her nose...

To add to the drama, today is Kindergarten registration. No matter how many times I've told Bubba Jr today is REGISTRATION and NOT the start of Kindergarten he refuses to differentiate. To him, once I said "Today is Kindergarten..." I lost him. I probably could have said anything after that but all he heard was "Today is Kindergarten." So I can't wait to show up at the public school with my bruiser. What a way to make a first impression!

Saturday is opening day for Baseball/Softball related sports. Since we live in a small town, this is a big deal. In fact Bubba's going to be in the parade. Keep your fingers crossed it doesn't rain.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger Lisa~~ said…

    How much you want to bet that Bubba Jr. isn't the first kid to show up with a shiner!! Let's also hope that when school starts he's just as enthusiastic to go.

     
  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger Aimee said…

    Is it picture worthy?? Bubba Jr. with a shiner..priceless

     

Post a Comment

<< Home