Ninja! Life in the sticks

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Yesterday I caught Bubba Jr. singing (choke) Britney Spears.
In the tub.
I asked him (nicely) where he heard that song and he said he made it up.

Two days ago he was riding his big wheel singing Kelly Clarkson.

Did I ever mention that Charleigh's the world's slowest eater? Yesterday morning I watched as she got a spoonful of unnaturally colored high sugar-octane loops. (It's ok. I was sending her to school shortly afterward so they can deal with my lack of a.m. culinary skills) Anyway, she gets this spoonful of maybe 6 loops. Peers at it. Decides it either 1) contains foreign material, 2) is the wrong color combination, or 3) CONTAINS JUST TOO MANY DARN LOOPS. She dumps out the spoonful and starts again. Big scoop, 6-7 loops, peers at it. Starts to dump, slowly slowly the loops slide back into their milk bath until one solitary purple loop remains on her spoon. Peers at it. Decides it's acceptable and starts to put it to her mouth. Notices I'm watching. Puts down her spoon and says "Hi Mama." So here's a math problem for you. If it takes a child 2 minutes to eat zero loops, how long will it take for the child's sibling to report this transgression?

Tomorrow I may give her 10 loops. Since it takes between 1 and 2 minutes per loop this should help to eliminate the "hurry up!" that flies from my lips with alarming regularity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home