Ninja! Life in the sticks: Four Months!

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Monday, March 06, 2006

Four Months!

Holy toledo. I can't believe it's been four months since Gotcha... unreal. In some ways it seems a lifetime ago. As a tribute I'm going to write down as many things as I can think of that she can say (which beats what I can say in Chinese by about 10 times.)

Ready, Set GO!
Turn here!
Pawpaws house!
Cow!
Charleigh turn.
Mama! Dindin (bubba jr) NO turn! Charleigh turn!
Help shirt please
Help chair please
Daddy stinky!
Give hug
my bike
get this (pointing at things in the grocery store... thanks a lot bubba jr! I could have lived happily without her learning this!)
my coat
my shoes (which still comes out sounding like shoe-cheese)
mommy
look truck!
move
come here
no night night
charleigh pants? shirt? socks? shoes? unnerwear?
charleigh face hideous!
mamaw
charleigh school! Ms Michelle, Ms Header (Heather) Ms Jeana, Ms Lindy (Lindsey), Ms Dindy (Cindy)
what this?
daddy bye bye work
go church?
(Which reminds me... she's been insisting that she gets a turn to say the blessing at dinner. Clyde and I about lost it when in her mumblings she clearly said "Be Quiet")
play outside
charleigh bath?
tissue
cozy (this one too sounds more like coachy)
all gone
all done
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
charleigh three
I jump!
daddy truck
I LIKE IT!!
yes
yeah
ok!
yep!
I no like it
baby
baby cry
uhoh
sorry mama
where?
charleigh pretty!
look pretty, OH! pretty!
hair, pony, 1 pony, 2 ponies, hair bow-bow
turtle
blanket
book
elmo
sad
flower
tree
car
table
fader (father)
I love you, I love you too!
Tomorrow, see you tomorrow
Good night, don't let the bed bugs bite!
be quiet
stop
shhhh!
hot
cold
goodnight
goodmorning
Jesus

Okay, there might be some repeats in there... sorry. What a list! All these things are words she says with little or NO prompting from me. She will repeat virtually any word you ask her to say, but this list is what she can say pretty much on her own.

!
B

I forgot these:
be careful
whee!
boo-boo
noodle
chicken
cereal
poptart
milk
banana
apple
orange
eat
freckle
nose
eye
ear
clean up
butt
danger
ball
cup

2 Comments:

  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Lisa~~ said…

    Charleigh counted for us Saturday night, so cute! I still remember from the Classic dinner when I asked her is she wanted some ice cream and she said "Mommy's getting some"

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger Sonia said…

    We really enjoyed her on Sat., but missed seeing you & Bubba, Jr.!! Charleigh sure is talking a lot...such a sweetheart!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home