Ninja! Life in the sticks: At long last....

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Monday, January 02, 2006

At long last....

A post!

I know, I know... I'm a shmo and I should have posted something, anything, oh about 4 weeks ago.

On December 1st Charleigh celebrated her third birthday. Since we hadn't been home very long, and just got over the hoopala of Thanksgiving we celebrated her birthday in fairly low-key style. She had a "Bear in the Big Blue House" birthday cake. Not very girly, I know... but at that point it's about all she recognized in the Evil*Mart Birthday cake book. She scored a lot of booty on her birthday including an American girl doll and matching dress for her (from her favorite Auntie M), puzzles and a BIKE! I promise I'll get pictures of that posted sometime this year ;)



Here are two pictures of Charleigh teaching Mama how to smile. She says first you use your two pointer fingers and draw a smiley on your face. Then you say the magic words "Xiao Ru"

and wah lah! A perfect smile every time!


Finally, here are a few pictures from Christmas. Charleigh was thrilled to receive her very own Hummer, as my "girly girl" prefers trains, trucks, cars, remotes and cordless drills to Barbie and her gang...


As far as Charleigh's foot is concerned, we've consulted with a highly regarded Pediatric Orthopedist in the Atlanta area whose first course of action is going to be a brace that will align her foot with her ankle and her knee. We actually have a brace now, but it only aligns her foot to her ankle. It does nothing to correct the fact that often when she walks her feet almost make a letter "T," with her right toes pointing in toward her left foot. We're in the process of having another brace made that will help with that problem. She doesn't mind the brace very much at all, at least not the one she has now. Although twice she's taken it off and put it away on her own recognizance... (Even though if you ask her about her "special shoe" she pats it and says "Only Mama!" meaning only Mama can take it off.... unless her spicy temper/stubbornness is kicking in and then she does what she d@mn well pleases!) Charleigh is growing 'round the middle :) The pants I took to China that fell off her now fit. I think she's gained about 3 pounds. Considering that's 10% of her total body weight, it makes a difference. She talks a lot! Chatters all day in a hodge-podge of English and Mandarin. I just know that some of the words she's trying to say are English but I'm just not getting it... It took her 4 tries this morning to ask me for some cereal... I just couldn't figure out what she was saying! I've thought about trying to record all the things she says and all the things she understands, but it is so numerous to post it all would be insane. Suffice it to say she's catching on most things very well. I'll be heading back to work in about 3 weeks. I find it hard to believe it's been 9 weeks since I left work! Starting next week I'll be easing Charleigh into daycare. OH, excuse me, "KOOL." That's how Charleigh says "School," which she seems to be excited about. OK! So there's an update and I'll try to post again before March ;)

B

1 Comments:

  • At 6:01 PM, Blogger Lisa~~ said…

    Hey B, I am so pleased that you posted again. We've all been thinking of you and wondering how Charleigh was doing. Hope that you will all be joining us at Classic on the 14th. Can't wait to see you again and meet Charleigh!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home