Ninja! Life in the sticks: Adoption Day

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Adoption Day















Charleigh slept from about 7:30 pm last night until about 6:30 am this morning. We were really shocked she slept so long!

This morning we took it nice and easy waking her up. She never cried this morning. She looked at us a little like, "yeah, I figured you'd still be here. Ok then."
We let her sleep in her clothes. I figured she would have a fit if I tired to take them off so I left them on. Plus, the outfit is really cute! This morning we left her outfit on, but added little white bows & pigtails. I was very glad I left her in her Gotcha outfit because the orphanage director (Chinese man in the brown shirt in the picture above) was there and I think he was happy to see her in her outfit.

She's definitely taken to Clyde more than me. That's ok. I know it's going to take time for us all to get adjusted. Honestly it's going a lot better than I anticipated. She's done wonderfully today, laughing smiling and having a lot of fun with her big brother.

The pictures are in no particular order, sorry for that.

Oh! She is ABSOLUTELY potty trained. She does a little pee-pee dance and pulls on my clothes when she's ready to go.

In the pictures with the new clothes, they're 3t's. She fits them almost perfectly, though she won't be 3 for a few more weeks.

Off to the infamous Nanchang Walmart!

B

8 Comments:

  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Stinky Mouse said…

    Glad to hear things are going well! Charleigh is a beautiful little girl. Those first few days are so intense!

     
  • At 2:22 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    She's so pretty with her hair in pigtails! I don't think Gwen will have enough hair to pull into a pigtail until next year!

    I'm grinning from ear to ear while reading your story. Please keep posting! It's so wonderful to see how nicely Charleigh is adjusting.

    Donna

     
  • At 7:54 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    Congrats to you guys!!! She's beautiful. Love the pigtails!

     
  • At 9:40 AM, Blogger Lisa~~ said…

    Oh, Charleigh is so beautiful and the pics with her and Bubba are darling. It seems as though she is starting to adjust and hopefully in no time, she will know and love her new and wonderful family.

     
  • At 1:00 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Brandy, I love her pigtails! And she is gorgeous. I'm so glad things are going well so far. Can't wait to keep reading about your China adventures!

    Steph

     
  • At 7:11 PM, Blogger Jen R. said…

    I'm new to the board, but I'm so happy for you. You're so lucky to have such a beautiful girl! I hope the transition goes OK. I'm glad you have her big brother along.

    Jen

     
  • At 9:22 PM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Glad to see the happy post! Again, she is BEAUTIFUL!

    Maggie's Mommy

     
  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Doug said…

    Wal-Mart???

     

Post a Comment

<< Home