Ninja! Life in the sticks: Beijing, Day 2

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Friday, November 04, 2005

Beijing, Day 2

The Great Wall!














Actually, it's day 3 but the first day we spent in a jet-lagged induced stupor so it doesn't really count...

Today we went to the Great Wall, and to quote Big Bird (from Big Bird Goes to China) it's not great, it's Tremendous!

Going up was not too bad, it was coming down that had my legs quivering! The view was fantastic, the pictures don't do it justice.






After the Great Wall we went to a Cloisonne factory. We watched as the workers glued copper wire on copper vases, bowls and other items. Then the entire area is painted several times and fired. The it is sanded twice. Let me just say for the record there is NO OSHA in China...

Tonight we're going to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. (Clyde's choice. I guess he's already tired to strange fish deep fried and containing bones. Or it could have been the turkey with peanut butter sauce...) I've been enjoying the food. For example, I didn't know I liked steamed spinach for breakfast. I also really like Jasmine tea and eating with chopsticks is getting easier with each meal.

So long from Beijing!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger Shannon said…

    I'm glad you guys are having a good time. Can't wait to see pictures of Charleigh!!

     
  • At 12:35 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    Looks like you're doing the same exact pre-trip we did. If your guide is "Robert", tell him hello for me! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home