Ninja! Life in the sticks: Official Itinerary

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Friday, October 14, 2005

Official Itinerary

Here's our official itinerary:

Nov 1 - Leave Georgia
Nov 2 - Arrive Beijing, go to Acrobatics show
Nov 3 - Summer Palace & Foot massage
Nov 4 - Great Wall & Cloisonne Factory
Nov 5 - Forbidden City, Tianammen Square
Nov 6 - Temple of Heaven, Fly to Nanchang GOTCHA around 6pm
Nov 7 - Adoption registration, notary & apply for passport
Nov 8 - Tour Teng Wang Villa
Nov 9 - Day trip to YongXiu. See city and if possible the SWI (orphanage).
Nov 10 - Free day!
Nov 11 - Pick up Charleigh's passport in the afternoon, fly to Guangzhou
Nov 12 - Medical exam and shopping on Shamian Island
Nov 13 - River cruise
Nov 14 - Visa appointment, 9am sharp!
Nov 15 - Pick up visa
Nov 16 - On the road again... just can't wait to get on the road again...

Nov 16th also happens to be our 9th wedding anniversary. I think it's going to be so cool to be able to say we were in Hong Kong on our 9th wedding anniversary! However, it's not so cool for Clyde. Why? Because it's the 36 hour wedding anniversary! For most guys, their anniversary lasts 24 hours. 24 hours of "yes, dear" and "would you like more wine" and "I bought these flowers for you" and "let's cuddle." For Clyde, he has 36 hours of "Princess Bonnie" to endure.

Bwahaaa Haaa haaaaa (evil laugh)

B

6 Comments:

  • At 5:47 PM, Blogger Donna said…

    Soooo Exciting!!! Nov 6 is just around the corner too! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    Donna

     
  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger Kelly said…

    Hey girl-
    Now I will be obsessively checking your blog EVERY day for update, so don't disappoint me! How FUN! I want to go back to China with you!
    If you want some advice, feel free to email me for my phone # And I will talk your ear off!

    Kelly

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Blogger Lisa~~ said…

    I am so excited for you and can't wait to see all the pics...and of course meet Charleigh in person. We will miss seeing you at the potluck, but we understand that you have more improtant things on your plate than pasta. Have a wonderful and safe trip. I'll be checking for updates often.

    Lisa~~

     
  • At 1:36 PM, Blogger The Bainbridge Family said…

    Your trip sounds great! When we were in Bejing we found ourselves wondering what we "were donig in China on vacation?" Then it would hit us....Oh right, OH RIGHT!!! YIKES!! Only (however many days/hours) to go!!!!!! And it goes so fast and then so slow and you get a really good glimpse of how slippery time really is....
    Have the time of your life...and get some sleep!!!! It will be your last for quite a while!! :) :)
    Hurray!!
    Anna

     
  • At 2:27 AM, Blogger Family Bits said…

    I'll be watching daily!! I'm so happy for you....and for Charleigh. She's going to have a whole new adventurous world, so will Bubba Jr. I bet he's excited too.

    Karen

     
  • At 10:26 AM, Blogger Susan said…

    I am so far behind in catching up with blogs, etc....I'm so happy for you guys! Can't wait to see Charleigh with her new family!

    Susan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home