Ninja! Life in the sticks: So many things to say....

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Thursday, September 29, 2005

So many things to say....

I really wanted to post about Peanut butter. I have had a serious revelation involving peanut butter.

I really wanted to talk about the fears a mother has knowing her child is going on his first school field trip. Riding a bus. Away from me. Without me.

I really wanted to talk about the great time we had last weekend meeting up with Lisa and Eammon at the Classic Gourmet Chinese restaurant.

I also really wanted to talk about my horrific experience with the most incompetent lawyer I have ever met. (Suffice to say we can NOT check "Revise Wills" off our adoption list quite yet...)

However, as much as I want to talk about those things (and likely I will soon enough) I want to talk about the fortune I received with my Spicy Orange Beef lunch today.

It says:

The seeds of an idea you planted long ago are about to blossom.

How apropos.

Here's the story I'm going to tell. Why? Because it's time. The other stories will just have to wait.

[scene] Bonnie, Clyde and Bubba Jr. playing games at the kitchen table. It's Wednesday. Game night. No TV. No reading (until time for bed) No going anywhere. It's dusk outside. Through the kitchen window I can see the sun setting into the North Georgia mountains. It's 7:45. I'm happy as a clam because I've won Wig Out! 3 times in a row. This after Bubba Jr. had informed me that he was going to "kick my butt tonight."

Then... the phone rings.

It's 7:49. Clyde goes to answer the phone. "Hello?" he says. "May I ask who's speaking?" (I'm thinking for the love of pete I hope it's not Earthlink. They call 8000 times a week.)

"This is he" Clyde goes on to say. Whew, thinks I. I am off the hook. He can deal with the telemarketer whilst I finish off the moonpie (aka Bubba Jr.).

"Well that's good news. That's REALLY good news." Comes Clyde's voice from the living room.

NO.FRE@KING.WAY.

My heart is racing. I jump up from the kitchen table to see the clock. What time is it in Utah????? If it's 7:55 here, it's 5:55 there. Could the agency still be in the office? Could it be the agency? NO there's no way! We're only at day 70 and the last group waited 90+ days.

With hope in my heart, and my hands already shaking I race to the living room and one look at Clyde's faces tells me everything I need to know.

OUR TRAVEL APPROVAL HAS ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My hands are shaking and I'm grabbing for the phone. It makes no difference that Clyde is talking on it.

"We're hoping for a consulate date of Nov 14." I hear the agency angel telling us. No, no NO this has to be a dream! It's not my turn! I'm not ready, well I'm ready but I'm scared. Are you sure???

All those plans we've been making since April 15 2004 are coming together. You might say our labors have blossomed, and to the best of my calculations, will bear our precious fruit on November 6, 2005.

B

5 Comments:

  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger Family Bits said…

    Ohhhh Bonnie! I love your stories..and I especially love this one!

     
  • At 1:02 AM, Blogger M3 said…

    Oh wow!!! That is awesome news!

     
  • At 2:49 AM, Blogger Donna said…

    Excellent!!!!!!

     
  • At 1:20 AM, Blogger Melodee said…

    How exciting! (My twins, who happen to be adopted, were born on April 15.)

     
  • At 1:32 PM, Blogger The Bainbridge Family said…

    I am soooo happy for you two!! Reading this post made me laugh and cry! It feels like yesterday and forever that we were at this point in the journey!!!
    Congratualations!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home