Ninja! Life in the sticks: I'm cute! Pick Me!!

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

I'm cute! Pick Me!!

We are moving on up. We recently got a "Moe's" in North Georgia. For those unfamiliar with the mouth-watering experience of Moe's, it start with being hollered at when you walk in the door. Hey, this is the south. So anyway you get a great big "Welcome to Moe's!" which you would have heard if you clicked the link above.

Anyway, it's a sort of funky Mexi-American restaurant that's set up sort of like subway. You go through the line and order things like:

The Homewrecker
The Ugly Naked Guy
Sherman Klump
or my personal favorite, the Close Talker.

It's true the first time you say "I'd like an ugly naked guy to go please" ya feel sorta strange... but the guy next to you is ordering a Village Idiot and a Ruprict, so you're in good company.

In the midst of the tornadoes in Georgia yesterday, Clyde and I decided it would be great fun to go out to dinner. In the rain. In the tornados. We once went to Zaxbys in a hurricane. Yeah, I know. I need more interesting things to do on a regular basis so I'm not forced to chase meteorological events when they occur.

So after dinner there's a fish bowl (sans fish of course. If you want a fish order the Fat Sam with tofu and pretends it's fish) and entry forms for their contest to win a prize. So I entered little Bubba. On the outside of the entry form I wrote "I'm cute! Pick me!!" It never hurts to add a little zest to your plea.

This afternoon I received this e-mail:

Dear Bubba Jr.,


OK, I picked you!

Please have your parents come by and claim your prize. Our prizes do not come in K5 sizes, so you may have to wait until you're a teenager to wear it. I'm sure your parents will not mind wearing it until then.

I can be reached at 123-1234 or at Moe's @ 567-7890 MOES (6637).

Ray Stewart
Director of Food Service
Moe's Southwest Grill


COOL! So my youngin will be sportin' a Moe's T-shirt. I'll try and post a picture... if I can ever get my flip&en camera fixed!

B

1 Comments:

  • At 2:59 PM, Blogger Stacy said…

    I love Moe's. I eat there every single Friday and sometimes earluer in the week. Its a work thing and a bunch of us go. My fav is to get the triple lindy naked, with a side of queso and eat it like nachos. Thier nachos are great but get too soggy for me. They also have gteat southern sweet iced tea!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home