Ninja! Life in the sticks: OT. I finally did it!

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

OT. I finally did it!

Okay, for those unfamiliar, "OT" means "Off Topic." I say this post is off topic b/c the purpose of this blog is to chronicle the adoption of Princess Charleigh. However, I do and frequently talk about moi.

So, my company pays for all employees to access the Athletic Center of the college next door. Have I ever made use of this? Nooooo. Of course not!

Complaint about exercise:

It's too expensive to join a gym. This is FREE.
It's too time consuming. It takes 3.5 minutes to get there.
It's not fun.

So I tried it today. Thunder thighs in stretch shorts. Not pretty.

But then....

Okay. This is the part that's going to get me in trouble. This gym is at a college. With college guys. All lifting weights, and bulging muscles, and... and...

Ok. That's enough! I'm a happily married old lady who's expecting!

But I've still got eyes....

B

2 Comments:

  • At 8:19 AM, Blogger Lisa~~ said…

    Yes, college guys working out, may make nice eye candy, which may keep you motivated to continue exercising. But, listen to their conversation, especially after their weekend escapades and trust me, your hubby will have nothing to worry about! FYI, headphones help keep the illusion alive!

    Lisa~~
    Our Journey to Baby Shanahan

     
  • At 1:17 AM, Blogger Shana said…

    Hey Bonnie, you are cutest! I have a postcard taped to my computer that says, "Excercise: The Poor Man's Plastic Surgery!" Of course- it is just a joke, but exercise really is sooooo boring! Soon enough, you will be carrying around a 20 something pound baby- and then you will shed the pounds very quickly! I bought a 20 pound bag of rice to practice with before Sophie, but I was too lazy and only practiced a couple times. Ohhhhh, I wish I had carried that thing around all day every day! Sophie is SO heavy and my arms ache! So, forget the college guys and get some rice! ;)
    Hugs, Shana (www.waitingforsophie.com)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home