Ninja! Life in the sticks: More pictures

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

More pictures

I thought I would take some of this forced downtime to upload the rest of the pictures I have of Charleigh.


This is a copy of Charleigh's "Finding Ad." We are SO lucky to have this tiny photo of our precious daughter. When we travel to pick Charleigh up, I will ask for the original photo. I've heard sometimes the SWI will give it to the parents. But sometimes they won't, or they don't have it anymore. The Ad reads" Jiang Yong Yue, Female, Born 12 /1/2002 found 12/6/2002. She has a small, pleasing, lovely face." I admit, I must agree! We used this service to obtain her finding ad. I highly recommend him!



This next photo I estimate to be taken some time last summer. In which case Ms. Charleigh would have been somewhere around 18-20 months old. Notice her cute Osh Kosh Jumper?? The members of the Yongxiu yahoo group I belong to, (who have all adopted from Yongxiu SWI) are quite dedicated to sending clothing and other needed supplies back to Yongxiu. Likely this darling jumper (and the majority of the clothing in the photos that follow) were donated by adoptive parents.











I also believe this picture was taken last summer. After all the hoopalah over the "clothing police" I couldn't get over this photo! There she is, cool as a cucumber hanging out. Sweet little sandals and onsie.

I just love the background of these photos. I mean, can you imagine looking out your living room window and seeing the Yangtze River with it's luscious vegetation and beautiful architecture? And take a look at the walkway there, just glorious in it's detail.





And now winter comes to the Jiangxi Province. Charleigh has finally been properly clothed, her nannies must have gotten a talking to from the CP.

I absolutely LOVE the cowboy boots she's wearing in this picture. I don't know why. They make me smile, it makes it seem "realer" somehow. I fully intend to ask for those boots. I don't know how yet. I will buy a suitcase of new shoes to donate if I have to. But I want those boots!!

So if this was taken this past winter, I'm thinking she was just turning two. So HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEETIE PIE!!!









This is probably the newest picture I have of Charleigh. Her last update was done in March. Another dolly outfit. The only thing missing is pigtails tied with pink ribbon.

She's still wearing those cowboy boots. Y'all say a little prayer we're able to bring those home with us. This is the first picture I ever saw of Charleigh and it's the one that still melts my heart like no other. The gorgeous scenery, the picturesque river, and most importantly one little girl 10,000 miles away who needs her mommy to come get her!




Mommy loves you baby girl, we're coming as fast as we can!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:45 AM, Blogger Lisa~~ said…

    Charleigh is sooooo precious. It is wonderful that you have the finding ad, and all the additional pictures. Her SWI is in a beautiful area and it looks very well cared for. I look forward to meeting you and Charleigh and of course Bubba too!

    Lisa~~
    Our Journey to Baby Shanahan

     

Post a Comment

<< Home