Ninja! Life in the sticks: Back to the money issue...

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Back to the money issue...

So I mentioned a while back that I was having a little trouble with the local banks saving money for the adoption fees. True enough, I wouldn't tell the fancy bank what it was for because the "manager" was acting like a gum-chewing used car salesman. Anyway, I went yesterday to "check" on the one bank that is saving money and guess what!

THEY HADN'T EVEN STARTED!

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So fine. I'm an enterprising young woman who likes to leave nothing to chance. So this morning I called the Federal Reserve Bank in Atlanta. The first person I talked to (and yes I told them WHY I need the money... but come on, they're THE Federal Reserve!) said that she was sure they would tell me that I couldn't come get new bills from them but she could transfer me (those words should be expunged from the dictionary!) to Customer Service. So I get transferred and I tell my story and ask if there's a way I can come down and pick up money or have it sent to my bank or what, HELP! And she says:

We see this all the time. International Adoption is very common and we know that other countries require new or nearly new bills. Your bank simply needs to write a letter stating that they need new bills for International Adoption and we will send them what they ask for. It is important that they indicate it's for International Adoption. When we get the letter we will send the money to your bank and you can pick it up there.


Well I'll be darned! And my bank (and every other bank) said they couldn't do it! So to all of you out there not to the money gathering stage, keep this in mind!
Your bank CAN request money from the Federal Reserve on your behalf!
B

2 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM, Blogger Lisa~~ said…

    Wow...cool info. I will have to remember this when we go to get our crisp 100's. Now that have our LID...just in case you forgot :-)

    Lisa~~
    Our Journey to Baby Shanahan

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger M3 said…

    Great to know! I'm going to send this post to my husband, because he's been stressing a bit about the new bills what with all the talk swirling around on the Yahoo boards and all that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home