Ninja! Life in the sticks: Ahhh... The endless weight....

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Ahhh... The endless weight....

I mean WAIT!! Well, okay, probably both.

I know there's a reason to gain weight during pregnancy... but what's up with the pounds piling on this time around??? Anyone else out there having adoption weight gain?

And speaking of weight... the adoption process is a series of hurrying up and waiting for the next thing... right now we're waiting for an LID (Log In Date) the date China officially logs our dossier into their "system." We may never know our LID. We may find out about it 2 months from now. Humpf.

Looks more and more like we'll travel mid-November. It's gonna be cool in Beijing, that's for sure! A little snow is better than 100 degrees for lugging myself up the Great Wall... If we leave around Nov 15th, we should be home before Charleigh's birthday.... that would be fantastic!!!

On another note... my cousin and her husband are seriously considering adoption. They're looking at different programs to see what is right for them. I know it won't be China (due to their ages) but, whichever program they pick I know it will be wonderful because they're both great people!!!

2 Comments:

  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Family Bits said…

    LOL perhaps it is all the web surfing we are doing now, instead of getting outside to do something. But then, we ARE expecting mothers!

     
  • At 2:07 AM, Blogger Eliza2006 said…

    Oh yes! I am packing the weight on also. What a shame. I think it's due to the fact that I sit at the computer all day long looking up anything to do with adoption. How is my body going to look after 8 more solid months of internet surfing?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home