Ninja! Life in the sticks

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Friday, June 02, 2006

Finally I have a few more pictures to post!
In our hometown, near Memorial Day and again near Veteran's Day our town lines the streets with hundreds of white crosses with 3'x5' American Flags. It's truly a moving sight! The kids asked me about the crosses in the car the other day and when I explained to them the huge sacrifice men and women make to ensure our safety and freedom they asked if they could do anything. I told them they can say "Thank you" when they see one of our service men or women and they could also pray for them. Immediately their little heads bowed in prayer. It was soooooooooo sweet and I'm glad I had my camera on my lap and could capture this sweet picture!
A while back we went to a company picnic at Clyde's work. There was a racecar there whose driver allowed the kids to sit in the car and have their pictures made. This really made Bubba's day! Charleigh was a little less enthused with sitting in the car, though she did manage a small smile and then demanded to be removed.


"Woah Daddy! Are you sure you can fit??"

"Hey Mom! Look at this!"

Leapin' Lizards!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:39 PM, Blogger Lisa~~ said…

    I had to email Eammon the pic of Clyde trying to get in the car...you know E will tease C relentlessly now!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home