Ninja! Life in the sticks: 3 years 4 months

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Monday, March 02, 2009

3 years 4 months

That's a long time. Three years!
Some days it seems like 20. Sometimes a month, I'm sure you can relate.

Charleigh has now been with us longer than she was in China. Took a while, but we've finally passed that milestone.
She's near the top of her Kindergarten class. Loves drawing, reading, writing notes and contracting lice like all kindergarteners do.
Charleigh will start t-ball this year. She's pretty excited although we're having trouble finding cleats in her size.
Speaking of size, Charleigh is pretty tall. Begs the question as to whether or not her birthday is exactly right. That coupled with having lost 5 teeth already, being able to sound out words on her own & write me notes that while are giggling-inciting, are phonetically correct.
I won't lie, and I'm sure it shows in the posts I've done (or not done) adoption was far more difficult than I thought it would be. Charleigh and I never did bond very well. We get along fine, but it's not the no-holds-barred love that I wish it was.
Anyway, here are some pics... take care. Talk to y'all when Charleigh's 10!

Charleigh meets Cinderella. Summer 2009 @ WDW

Charleigh graduates from Pre-K!
Charleigh waiting for the bus on the first day of Kindergarten!


3 Comments:

  • At 7:33 PM, Blogger Lisa~~ said…

    What a huge milestone, congrats. I remember marking the day that Maisie was with us one day longer than she had been in China and it made me cry. I can't believe how grown up Charleigh looks and Kindergarten, wow! B is such a big guy now too, oh how they've grown! Fun to see an update and hope you're all well. Hugs to all of you and maybe one day we'll get to see you again!

     
  • At 5:18 PM, Blogger Sonia said…

    It's nice to see you back in blog-land, even for one post. C & B are getting so big/tall!! Miss seeing you guys.

     
  • At 2:41 PM, Blogger Julie said…

    how nice to see you back what a big girl Charleigh is I do remember when:):):)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home