Ninja! Life in the sticks: 19 Month update

Life in the sticks

My Kids: Thoughts about China, adoption & The Duke's of Hazzard

Friday, June 15, 2007

19 Month update

Seems I'm finally able to get on to this thing... it's been a while and mostly I think everyone has moved on. Did get an e-mail recently from someone who was interested... so here goes!


It's been 19 months since we brought Charleigh home. She has made tremendous progress in most all areas. She is excited about going to Pre-K in August. Although, it's not quite as good as riding the bus with her brother (who sailed through Kindergarten with flying colors!!). She'll ride the bus with him next year.


Her language is coming along, still rough in spots, but when I compare her to other 4.5 year olds she's about par. I think she's too independent still. She will always exhaust every possible choice before she asks or seeks me out for help. She also is still WAY too friendly. Most people think it's great, but she starts up converstaions with just anyone we happen upon, frequently starting them with "Do you know my mom's name is Zsa Zsa Gabor?" I've talked to her about strangers until I am blue in the face. So that's another thing that we're still really working on.


Here are a few pics- enjoy!






5 Comments:

  • At 7:16 AM, Blogger Lisa~~ said…

    Thanks for the update, both B & C look wonderful and adorable! We have to plan to get together again as we miss seeing you. Hugs to all of you.

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Nona said…

    I check back every now and then to see how you guys are doing. Thanks for the pics! Your girl sure is getting big. Chloe's speach (3 years and 3 months old) is still a work in progress as well. Glad to hear everything is going good with you guys.

    Nona
    www.babysites.com/sites/mccormick2/

     
  • At 9:20 AM, Blogger Sonia said…

    Welcome back to the bloggy world. This does my heart good to see you post once again! I don't how your kids could get any cuter, but they did!!! Love the pictures. Miss you guys!

     
  • At 2:47 PM, Blogger bbmomof2boys said…

    Wow!! C is growing up to be a beauty!! Of course, she was from the get go too! Thank your for updating! I just happened to stop by and got a wonderful surprise!!

    ~Carla

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Lissa said…

    SOOOO glad to see an update. C is growing up to be quite a beauty. Take care!
    Lissa
    Mom to Lydia

     

Post a Comment

<< Home